Aging is a natural process that affects us all and as we get older most of
us wish we could slow down the effect that age has on our bodies. Even
though it may not seem so our skin is very delicate and extremely
sensitive to sun damage, strong chemicals, products and cosmetics.
That's why it's extremely important to protect it, treat it well and look for
natural ways to help prevent damage and slow down the aging process.
There are many natural remedies and products available that can help
slow down the aging process. These natural remedies are often less
expensive and safer when compared to other more invasive techniques
like cosmetic procedures, surgery or other chemical solutions. Which
makes them a great option when it comes to reducing the effect that time
has on our skin.
Generally, these more gentle treatments are composed of various
natural ingredients like fruits, vegetables, botanical oils, vitamins and
herbal extracts which are essential for restoring moisture, balance and
restoring the elasticity of the skin while maintaining its softness, which in
turn helps you maintain a younger appearance.
These herbal extracts and natural ingredients are inexpensive and can be
found at your local grocery or health food store. They often provide a
much better solution to cleansing and treatment than the harsh chemicals
found in most over-the-counter products.
Now let's go over a few great natural ingredients that you probably
already have in your kitchen that you can use to start fighting the aging
process right away:
- Coconut hydrates and moisturizes. It can be used on your skin and hair.
For your skin simply grate a raw coconut, squeeze the coconut shreds,
extract milk and apply the milk on the face and let it dry. Rinse it with
- Avocado is Mother Nature’s moisturizer, simply mash up an avocado
and apply it to your face as a mask for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply castor oil to soften your skin and eliminate wrinkles.
- Blemishes and aging spots can be removed by applying a few drops of
lemon juice on the face.
- Your skin is an organ so remember to drink plenty of water to help flush
away toxins and excess debris.
- Make a paste of sugar cane juice mixed with turmeric powder which is
quite effective in controlling wrinkles and preventing the skin from aging.
- The enzyme in pineapple helps remove dead skin and reduces subtle
signs of aging. Mash some pineapple and rub it on your face as a mask.
Allow your face to dry for 10-15 minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- Certain essential oils act as effective natural remedies for anti aging.
Drops of oils like sandalwood, geranium, rosewood, rose jasmine, neroli,
and frankincense are to be taken and mixed with primrose oil or any other
oil which can be used as base oil.
- Facial massage is another good natural remedy for anti aging. Blood
circulation is increased by massage which results in tightening of the
muscles and tissues.
- Green seedless grapes can be taken and cut into half and
then gently crushed on the skin. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it
with warm water.
- Vitamin E oil or cod liver oil is to be applied daily to the skin. The aging
spots shall fade.
- Remember healthy on the inside reflects on the outside so be sure and
include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. There are many fruits
and vegetables that you can eat to help prevent aging. Some of them are
carrots, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, strawberries, tomatoes, red
peppers, oranges, grapes, turnips, etc.
By replacing some of the harsh chemicals that we use with more natural
remedies and treatments we can all protect and nourish our bodies as
well as help reduce the signs of aging on our skin.
Make sure you look for your next issue soon. We will be talking about
some quick and easy tips for naturally beautiful skin.